On The Bookshelf
With summer closing quickly and only one week left until my kids start back to school, I wanted to get some more reading done, before the absolute rush of the school year overtakes me.
I have a number of books on my current bookshelf to read, have just finished reading, or am in the process of reading. I typically am enjoying three books at the same time. One book is read with the children at night during bedtime, another is one that I am enjoying on my own, and the third is listened to in the car as we are out and about. The ones with stars below I am reading with the children:
- A number of Alex Berenson novels (thrillers – being passed around our family)
- Why A Daughter Needs A Dad: 100 Reasons – by Lang
- Brent Weeks – The Lightbringer Series
- Rooted in Love: Our Calling as Catholic Women by O’Boyle
- Cruising World (A Sailing Magazine)
- Wings of Fire: The Dragonets of Destiny*
- The Hidden Gallery – The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place #2 by Mary Rose Wood* (Audio books)
I’ve also been working on keeping little ears from hearing things that they shouldn’t. I’m guilty of turning the radio to pop music while we’re out and about. It was Slow Fade, performed by Casting Crows, that really reminded me that I needed to make more of an effort to protect the little ears. We started listening to audio books in the car, and the children now ask when we’re going for a ride again.
I typically read fantasy, science fiction, thrillers, and self improvement type books. Here is my GoodReads profile for more of our family’s picks.
What books are on your bookshelf to be read?
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own.