Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Adapted From RobbieHaf.com
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Yield: ~5 cups
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup minced onion
1/4 cup all-purpose flour or ~1/3 cup freshly milled whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups heavy cream or half and half
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 cup mixed shredded Italian cheeses
2 tsp. lemon juice (better if fresh not bottled)
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 – 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach – thawed, squeezed dry
14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained, and chopped
- Melt butter in a medium sized stockpot, saute garlic and onion.
- Add flour to make a roux, and brown lightly to bubbling. Pour in cream and chicken broth and bring to a gentle oil.
- Stir in mixed Italian cheeses and melt. Remove from heat, and add lemon juice.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes, and add the Tabasco, sea salt, and spinach. Be sure to thoroughly mix as the spinach likes to bunch up without being fully incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Place desired portion size in an oven safe dish and heat to bubbly in a 350º oven.
- Freeze remaining spinach dip. Reheats well.
What are your favorite ways to serve spinach dip?
We love it with tortilla chips and some salsa, slathered on a roll in a turkey sandwich, or tossed with pasta and topped with grilled chicken for dinner.