I will be hosting an Intro To Milling and Baking With Freshly Milled Grains class next month (free!). It will be an opportunity for me to enjoy some friends, and to share with them how they can grind their own grains, beans, and baking additions, to create delicious baked goods and savory treats at home, without relying on commercially prepared “healthy foods” at the market.
The class will include the following key points:
- Tasting of a multitude of sweet and savory baked goods prepared with freshly milled grains.
- Discussion of the benefits of freshly milled grains.
- Comparison of a traditional hand crank mill to the Nutrimill and WonderMill. I am also trying to borrow a Vitamix or similar competitor for the purposes of comparison.
- The variety of items that can be milled at home, and introducing alternatives to traditional white sugar.
- Information about gluten free baking and cooking that can be accomplished using the WonderMill to grind wheat alternatives, without resorting to the exorbitantly priced mixes available commercially.
- The preparation and baking of both a sweet and savory baked good. The savory will likely be a yeast bread/roll. These will be taken home for the families to enjoy.
I will be certain to include answers to all of the points in my follow up post with pictures of the fun we had! If I missed something in my key points, let me know what you think that I should add.
Disclosure: I was provided a WonderMill for The Grain Mill Wagon blogger challenge that I am participating in this coming October and to facilitate the gluten free portion of this free class. I purchased the Nutrimill myself last year, and the hand crank mill was a gift.